Ordinarily I’m not a “blogripper”. Aside: And yes, I’m quite sure that I’m the first person ever to use that term, so just consider it copyrighted. Ya bastahds! Still, I think that in the interest of the betterment of humanity, the fact that I’ve borrowed this idea from annewho ostensibly borrowed it fromclaude le monde, I think I’m justified.
“make a list of three to ten things that you could think about that make you happy, that are productive, that are worth pondering…. i PROMISE you that just because obsessing over something feels all torturey and Victorian and inflexible, arduous, racking, brutal, chastening, fatiguing, and hair-shirty doesn’t mean that you are living some dramatic passionate poetic life.”
Well, here goes…
- My wife. Everything about her makes my life better. The smallest things, like leaning her head against me while we watch television or pulling the covers up close around us before bed, those are the things that make me love her. She is a joy minute by minute and I don’t think I’ll ever tire of hearing her.
- I occasionally find that I know what I’m talking about in a given conversation. Often times, I’m randomly giving out information and passing it off as expert opinion, but every so often, I know exactly what I’m talking about and the rush from those conversations can keep me awake for hours.
- Baseball is for all intents and purposes an allegory. A study of the throes of agony which depict our daily sufferings and the thrills of victory which detail our most heartfelt desires for acceptance and success. In addition, it’s a damn fine game.
- I have acheived a finely-tuned sense of humor which enables me to enjoy the company of the witty, witless and those at their wit’s end. I’m at ease with humans of all ages and part of that ease is my ability to engage them in laughter.
- A life spent in the comfort of t-shirts and jeans could be the answer to many of the world’s problems. Any time you see world leaders meeting, they’re wrapped up in the trappings of the “executive”. If they would all simply unwind with maybe a cool refreshing festive beverage of their choice, CNN might be a thing of the past.
- Singing my favorite songs in the car with the windows rolled down on a sunny day. It doesn’t get any better than that.
So that’s 6…I’ll have to do more thinking at a later time. I command you to discuss your “3to10” in the Forum. Also, be sure to stick around tomorrow for the Friday Five.
See you in the funny papers!