I’d like to announce that school is going remarkably well. I got a 95% on my last paper in Human Society & Environment. He wrote that it was one of the best journalist papers that he’d seen. I would imagine that I’d have gotten 100% if I’d definitively chosen a side from the debate.
For the moment, I’ve decided against The Turn of the Screw and I’ve picked up Me Talk Pretty One Day. However, as I’m in the midst of Dust Bowl for class, it may be a while. Henry James is just very difficult to read. He writes like I talk when I’ve had too much Mountain Dew and M&M’s.
- I love the taste of Code Red Mountain Dew.
Had dinner with the in-laws last night to celebrate T’s birthday. It was very nice and everything turned out wonderfully. And J may be coming over tonight to watch the UofL/Rutgers game. J, bring Coke, because I don’t have anything but diet!
Finally…THE FRIDAY FIVE
- What is your favorite noise to hear? I love to hear my wife really laugh. Not just a giggle mind you, a full-throttle laugh. Because then, I know that, at least for that moment in time, she’s very happy. And that’s why it’s my favorite.
- If you could live in any era of time, what would you choose and why? I would love to live in the early 40s, just before rock ‘n’ roll, right when big bands were hitting their stride. Of course, then I’d have to learn to dance, but I think I would really enjoy that part of history.
- You just found $50 while cleaning your house. Where do you decide to spend it? Hmm, not likely that I’m gonna find $50, but hey, it could happen I suppose. Anyway…I’d probably go out and get some running clothes, or maybe some CDs. Or maybe, we’d go out and drink mojitos all night.
- What magazines do you subscribe to/read on a regular basis? We getReal Simple, Domino, Vanity Fair, I think we’re still getting Harper’s, I think that’s it, but I’m not absolutely sure.
- If you could witness any event in history, but not change anything about it, what would you choose and why? I’d witness the devastating distinction of dinosaurs. It’d be nice to know exactly how it happened, rather than just guessing at the cause. Certainly a close second would be to watch the moon landing.
So there it is…your Friday Five. Feel free to answer in the forum. First person to answer wins a tin of Altoids. You can even choose the flavor.
See you in the funny papers!