Okay, seriously, who turned off Spring? Yesterday was fabulous, even with the rain…and today, @(#&! 29 degrees! Totally not fair.
However, as with every cloud, there is a silver lining.Spring Training begins today. Pitchers and catchers report today and the full squads report over the weekend. I can’t wait for baseball season to begin.
I ran 5 miles last night in 54:39. I was flying around town and I can’t wait to break the 30 minute mark on the 5K. It felt great to break that hour mark on the 5 miles. I’ve got 6 miles to run on Saturday and with my Valentine’s gift Aside: Thank you baby, a new Garmin Forerunner 101, I shouldn’t get lost in the park this Saturday and I should be able to run only 6 miles. *laughing* My knees will thank me for it.
We’ll take a break from the Friday Five this week and do something different.
Four Jobs I’ve Had
Grocery bagger and cashier
- Minor league baseball team intern
- Music Assistant
- Website designer
Four Movies I Can Watch Over & Over
- Star Wars
- Love Actually
- Big Fish
- High Fidelity
Four Places I’ve Lived
- Valley Station
- Parkway Village
- Brownstown, IN (which totally counts because I spent a week there every summer)
Four TV Shows I Love
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Family Guy
- Gilmore Girls
- Love Monkey
Four Places I’ve Vacationed
- Hilton Head Island, SC
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Pittsburg, KS
- Cancun, Mexico
Four of My Favorite Dishes
- Spicy Peanut Chicken
- My mom’s beef stroganoff and/or chipped beef casserole
- Anything from Ramsi’s
- Green Chili Wontons from the Bristol
Four Sites I Visit Daily
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now
- At a little bed and breakfast on the Indian Ocean near East Cintsa, South Africa
- Still sleeping in my nice warm bed next to my beautiful wife
- Beginning my through-hike on the Appalachian Trail
- Watching Hee-Haw with my sister and eating Vienna sausages at my grandparents house, circa 1981
That should about do it for this Friday edition. If you’d like to post your own set of fours, I’ve set up a category on the forum.
See you in the funny papers!