I’m entertaining the idea of guest writers (ghost writers?) for the Conspiracy of Happiness. If you or a loved one would like to put together an entry for the CoH, let me know and we’ll work out a day. Also, if you’d like to be interviewed for the CoH…drop me a line via the contact page.
HAPPY BASTILLE DAY!
I’ve got little to say today. I’m glad it’s Friday and I’m looking forward to the weekend. The grass is high and I need to get mowing. I can’t get my tomatoes picked before they are ravaged by bugs or birds. For someone who lives in a fairly urban area, I have a lot of suburban problems.
And now…the Friday Five…the “VACATION” edition:
1. How many foreign countries have you visited? I’ve been to 2 foreign countries, unless you count Manhattan. I’ve been to Mexico twice and to South Africa. By the end of the year, that total will double.
2. What do you always take with you on vacation? I don’t really have that one thing I need. I used to take a pillow, but it just takes up so much room. I do always seem to take a hat of some sort.
3. Name something you’ve lost recently: Hmm, I had lost the key to my bike lock, but I found it. I also lost control of my garden and my yard. And once, during the last 3 weeks, I was convinced that I’d lost my sanity.
4. Do you prefer action-packed vacations or relaxing ones? As I get older, I seek out the relaxing ones, but I try to get a little action-packing into the scene occasionally. For example, I think I’m going to go kayaking on our trip to Hilton Head. And my father and I are going on an action-packed baseball trip next weekend.
5. Other people’s vacation photographs: do you really want to see them? Yes. That may sound weird, but I really do enjoy other people’s vacation photos. They always seem to hold something interesting about the person or place that is fun to notice. Like, my godmother’s propensity for taking photos of the same thing at varying distances.
Determine never to be idle…it is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
See you in the funny papers!