The coolest thing just happened to me, or to the Conspiracy of Happiness. My entire post about Bush’s speech see Bush WHACKED! was reposted at Democratic Underground.com in the Blog Box. How cool is that? I mean, some people write and write for years and nobody ever notices. Of course, I must admit that
- I’ve never heard of Democratic Underground.com until today
- Bashing Dubya is not altogether unpopular these days
- I doubt if today’s post will warrant any linking by any other blogs
- I wasn’t all that proud of the post in the first place…I felt I had left it unfinished.
Still, it’s fun to be noticed and I’ll take what I can get.
In other news, I began the March to the Mini last night. That’s what I’ve dubbed my training for this year’s Kentucky Derby Festival 1/2 marathon. If you want to keep track of mileage and statistics to sate your inner geek, check out the following link:
And now, to continue on a consistent path in this new year, I bring you the Friday Five:
- How high is your guilt threshold? I have a pretty high guilt threshold. Growing up in my family we didn’t have a lot of guilt. We basically use aggravation as a tactic and if you can’t hold your own, well, you generally end up running to your room and slamming the door. But the best of the best learn quickly that to take is to give right back and it’s generally all in good fun. But I wouldn’t say guilt is necessarily involved on any level. Other than that, I don’t really have an association with guilt.
- How strong is your resistance to sweets? I can go quite a long time without sweets. We’ve had several chocolates and other assorted goodies in the house since Christmas and before and I have no real desire to consume them. If I get the munchies, I’ll go and partake, but I don’t exist to eat sweets.
- How long is your fuse? I must confess that I have a short fuse. I’m conscious of the fact and I try to control it as much as possible. But if I’m working on a project around the house and I get frustrated, it’s possible that the expletives will stream forth. It’s an inherited trait that I’m working on. In truth, the short fuse is not good for my blood pressure…so I try to rein it in as much as possible.
- What is the quickest way to get you hot (you know what we mean!)? Whoa, this is a family forum. I think in the interest of all readers and non-readers I’m going to decline to answer this question. If you’re reading this and you absolutely have to know…send me an email. But seriously…
- How sensitive are you to ambient noise? I assume by ambient noise you mean that rattle in the furnace, or the low mumble of the radio DJ in the other office, or the fan oscillating back and forth. Doesn’t bother me at all. I can totally tune it out. However, I am unable to read while the TV is on. I simply do not comprehend the words while someone else is talking. I must read in a quiet environment.
So that about covers it. Sometime next week I think I’m going to do an entry on television shows, good and bad.
See you in the funny papers!