I’m approaching the end of the semester which has elicited several emotions. I’m dreading finals (one on Wednesday and one on Monday); I’m thrilled that the semester is basically over; I’m relieved that I handed in my major paper yesterday; and I’m anxious about starting my senior thesis in the fall. All of these emotions coupled with the onset of mowing season (yay.) and the desire to be outside more (not mowing!) have collided into a weird mood. And the fact that the Red Sox swept the Yankees (ha, ha!) this weekend sweetens the deal.
I had a great weekend with C in St. Louis. We attended the Juan/Michelle wedding and it was beautiful. Located in a gorgeous church on the SLU campus, it was perfect weather for a beautiful wedding. Also, got to meet some very interesting people, most intriguing were Karen and Mahshood. And Karen, if you somehow read this some day, thanks for the tip on Robert Smithson. If they didn’t live so far away, I think we could be great friends. I was also able to get a tour of the new Busch Stadium in St. Louis which is gorgeous. It’s amazing what $400 million will buy you. All in all, it was wonderful. And, I got a new hat to go in the collection.
In other news:
- I was able to begin planting in the backyard last night. We have 5 new arborvitae in the ground as a precursor to planting a new flower garden. Also, if you have a nice old birdbath that’s in decent shape, we’d love to talk to you about rescuing it.
- The mini-Marathon is this coming weekend. I feel like I’m in pretty good shape. I think we’re going to have decent weather. My goal time is 2:28:51. You can see a March to the Mini update here.
- My Red Sox are in first place after a 3-game sweep of the Yankees this weekend. Way to go boys! Looking for a pennant this year! And, maybe another ring! WOohoO!
- Looking forward to a vacation in a couple weeks, C and I are going to Hilton Head for a relaxing getaway. Many thanks to T & P for the use of their condo.
- I’m gonna need some new running shoes soon as I’m approaching 300 miles on the ones I’m currently running in. I think I might switch from adidas to something new. It depends on what the running store recommends. Pearl Izumi has some nice SyncroFloat shoes that look very comfortable.
That about covers it. See you in the funny papers!