Okay, the above title has nothing whatsoever to do with this post. If I ever blog about Paris Hilton, I sincerely hope someone will slap me. I just couldn’t think of a catchy title.
BASEBALL: First off, I want to express my disappointment with the recent slide of the Boston Red Sox and the oddly coincidental rise of the Yank-Mes. We’ve lost seven games of our lead and surprisingly I don’t think it’s the pitching. Our sluggers are not batting as well as they have in past years. That’s unfortunate, but we still have the best record in baseball and the Yankees would not make the playoffs if the season were to end today. Secondly, I want to offer my sincere congratulations and best wishes to the Cardinals who face Rice U today in Omaha to open the College World Series. Give ’em hell Cardinals!
Check out the Movies page…updated for last week, FIVE movies. We’re movie watchin’ fools!
And now…the FRIDAY FIVE (not for vegetarians, unless you’re newly converted to the veggie-lifestyle)
- What’s your favorite part (to eat) of a chicken? I love chicken legs. I have always enjoyed the drumstick and it will probably always be my favorite part. The wing offers very little meat, and the breast can be too dry. Thighs are good, but the drumstick is where it’s at.
- What’s your favorite cut of beef? I love a nice juicy sirloin. Something about a medium steak that has just the right flavor. I don’t care for T-bones or ribeyes, I’m not even a huge filet mignon person (although that would have to be my second choice).
- What’s your favorite cut of pork? Oh, now this is so easy. I don’t know what “cut” bacon comes from, but that’s my favorite. I love bacon like Bush likes faith-based initiatives. Bacon is the best choice of any meat there is. But Bistro 301 has a fabulous pork chop stuffed with chorizo that is to die for. If it was topped with bacon, it would be ambrosia.
- What’s your favorite part of a Snickers bar? What is there not to like about a Snickers bar? Snickers is practically the perfect candy bar. If they made Snickers with toffee, I would buy stock in the company.
- What’s your favorite part of a pizza? I think it depends on what’s on the pizza. But I like the toppings the best. The crust I can take or leave…even if it’s stuffed or covered or whatever, the toppings are what makes the pizza delicious.