- How about those Red Sox? How about that Curt Schilling? Brilliant through 5 1/3 and then the masterful duo of Okajima and Papelbon to sweep away the rusty Rockies. Okajima is just absolutely lights out and Papelbon…well, dare I say, best closer in baseball? Sorry Mariano, I think Pap’s got you beat on this one…plus, I believe he’s a better dancer.
- I sprained a ligament in my foot during my race Sunday. It was a terrible race from about mile 9 on. I did not train well enough to compete at a level I was happy with. By mile 10, I was wiped out and couldn’t muster more than a quarter-mile of jogging. I finished 2 minutes behind the guy who won the marathon…and I was running half that far. Had I been a horse, they would’ve shot me.
- The neighbors next door (Chi O girls) got their house trashed last night. There was toilet paper all over the steps and the front of the house and plastic utensils driven into every square inch of the front yard. On the one hand, it’s kind of funny. On the other hand, it brings our property value down. I’m caught on the line between youth and adult. The homeowner in me says though that if the smallest tine of plastic fork ends up in my yard, some fool is gonna get jacked, yo!
- 55Fiction is my latest obsession, so here’s my latest installment:
He scrambled everywhere attempting to find them. He knew that he’d left them right here. It wasn’t even that long ago that he had them in his possession. He couldn’t blame the kids and he knew what his wife would say. They were important.
That crazy squirrel couldn’t figure out where he’d buried his nuts.
- I have plenty of work to do on my thesis…plus, they keep giving us work to do for class. I mean, how can I be working on my thesis, if I keep having to do homework? Sheesh!
That’s about it really. See you in the funny papers!