Some days are just happier than others. Believe what you like about cosmic influence, higher powers, luck of the draw…there are some days that are simply better than others. Today, oddly enough, seems to be one of those days. It certainly didn’t start out that way.
I was exhausted when I woke up this morning. I don’t know if it was C. kicking my butt in Scrabble last night, or if it was the 3-mile run earlier in the day…or just the overall strain of the weekend, but I was tired this morning. Still, I strapped myself on to the bike in the dark and cold and came to work. Where’s the happy?! I’m getting to it.
So, I had no phone messages from the weekend and very few emails to check. One of my office nemeses has a scheduled day off today. My office mate got a 100% on her research paper. AND, I took a survey wherein I got to check the box labeled “College Graduate.” Granted, these are all minor things…but with the economy tanking and Christmas looming ever closer, today is a happy day!
Other RANDOM THOUGHTS:
- I made it through the first 200 pages of Proust, unscathed.
- We got our Christmas trees yes, plural up and decorated.
- Christmas gifts are 94% purchased and 37% wrapped.
- The Louisville Cardinals basketball team seems to be on track for a great season.
- There are only 43 days ’til Inauguration Day
See you in the funny papers!
P.S. Check out the Spoiler-Free Movie Reviews page for updated films.