As nothing seems to be going my way at work today (computer’s frazzled, paperwork snafu), I thought I’d try my hand at an update to this blog. It seems that I only post rarely these days, so now would be a good time in my estimation. This will be one of those link-ta-fied posts that’s sort of like an Easter Egg hunt. All links are safe for work.
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! May your pints be full and your lasses be fair and hearty. Not an actual Irish blessing that I know of, but a decent one that I just made up on the spot.
- Voces Novae began rehearsals for their final concert last night. A collection of songs based on Robert Frost and Walt Whitman poems. Among my leading favorites are “O Captain, My Captain!” and “The Pasture.”
- Spring is a mere 3 days away, officially. However, I like to get an early start on things, so I took the bike to choir practice last night. Beautiful ride, and there’s something about riding at night that is peaceful and calm, even on the more traffic-laden streets.
- Speaking of traffic, there’s a new German study out that proposes a link between traffic and heart attacks. An interesting theory and not altogether bizarre in nature. I know that sitting in traffic makes my blood pressure go up.
- I’m entered in the Rodes City Run 10K for this weekend and I’m anticipating an outstanding run. I’d love to run it under 1:10, but we’ll see how it goes. I’m happy just to be running.
- Bathroom renovation continues. I’ve got paint on the walls and I hope to finish up either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how things progress.
- The baby’s room is another story. We do have paint colors now, but all the trim will have to be sanded before continuing and that will have to wait until the bathroom is done. Still, the countdown has reached 7 weeks to go and time’s a-wasting.
- I’m dying to tell you what the baby’s name is, but we’ve kept it a secret this long, I’d hate to spoil it for you. Folks seem to have had an entertaining time guessing though. Feel free to continue to guess though. Nobody has guessed it thus far, but many have come very close.
- How about those Louisville Cardinals?! Number one seed overall…pretty impressive! I’ve made my picks on at least three different brackets, knowing full well that I don’t know squat about basketball. If only they had a bracket for baseball. Anyway, I would like to say that I foresaw this early on. I made predictions about this team being this good years ago, so maybe I know a little.
Okay, well, I guess I should go back to work now. Maybe my computer has decided that it wants to work and possibly I can give some of this paperwork to somebody else.
See you in the funny papers!