Alright, I just read an article about “12 Bad Facebook types” and I think I’ve avoided almost all of them…I might be guilty of a couple, and for that I’m sorry. I’m going to try and remedy those situations in expedient fashion
In other news, I should’ve weighed in on this long before now, but sometimes…sometimes, I just don’t feel inspired. But now, I think I’ve waited to long: it’s HEALTHCARE, stupid! Sorry, didn’t mean to call you Intertubes stupid…but you know who you are.
- If you are still listening to Sarah Palin, or care one iota what she thinks, blogs about, Tweets, Facebooks, or otherwise blathers electronically, literally or metaphorically, then I need you to stop reading my blog because you’re an idiot. There I said it. Sarah Palin is a hemorrhoid on the ass of reality. She is 3 kids away from being Kate Gosselin and is possibly already less important. Her comment alone on “death panels” is the backbone of fear-mongering and borders on insanity.
- Speaking of death panels, how do I get a job on one? I think we should definitely get death panel uniforms and have unhindered access to anything that the NRA believes we have the right to own. As far as the uniforms though, I think we should have two options:
- Sorry…that last one was sort of off on a tangent…back to healthcare. Here’s the thing: Our healthcare system in this country is broken. If you don’t think it is, either a) you haven’t been ill lately or b) you’re rich enough not to care what the insurance companies are charging or disallowing. We’ve got people who have insurance who are afraid to get sick or go to a physician because their insurance company might drop them. Here in my city official motto: Possibility City, more like Improbability City we have hospitals turning down insurance companies and vice versa over money that neither one of them probably needs. We have people who can’t get insurance because they are sick. This country needs a healthcare enema to eliminate the bureaucratic constipation that has logjammed the system. And, what we don’t need are morons blurring reality.
- Speaking of morons, I mean particularly the disruptors of informative town hall meetings who have this “Obama=Hitler”, “Government healthcare=Socialism” hooey mentality, or at the very least have had this spoon fed to them by the right-wing media. You need to stop. If you want to protest, fine, do it outside. Far be it from me to impinge your First Amendment rights to be a dummy mouthpiece for people who hate the way democracy actually works, but don’t interrupt actual informative sessions with your phony goofballism.
- Finally, I love, dearly love, the fact that President Obama has enlisted the help of faith-based organizations in the fight for healthcare reform by saying that some of these people are “bearing false witness.” see Exodus 20:16 Truly, I say unto you, nothing stings a conservative like having the Bible thrown in their faces. They do it every time they want to prove a point as though the Bible were some sort of “end-of-discussion” reference book, so to have it placed before them as evidence that they are incorrect in their activities just makes me friggin’ giddy!
Because, who wouldn’t want to be tased to death by the Mad Hatter or the Galactic Empire?! So, if somebody could make that happen, I’ll sign up. At the very least we should get t-shirts that say Death Panel for Grandma ala Death Cab for Cutie
Speaking of jobs…can I say how hard it is out here for a pimp? I mean, seriously! I’ve applied for a lot of jobs lately and have heard exactly nothing. It’s frustrating, disheartening, and I’m a little tired of it. All I’m asking is that you call me back and say that you hired somebody else, we wish you the best in your search for a new career. Is that hard? I know, I know. You received 890 applications for a job that most people would be overqualified to work, but is it too much to ask for acknowledgement of receipt of that application. Heck, I’d be happy to get a rejection letter in the mail if only because it’s not another bill.
I think this about covers what I intended to say. Actually, it probably doesn’t. I wanted to be a little more clear in my support of informative hearings regarding the state of healthcare reform. I wanted to state my support of a public option that allows us to combat some insurance company nonsense. I wanted to clearly state my belief in the First Amendment, but understand that you can’t go yelling about Hitler in a crowded town hall. How is Hitler even relevant? Gah…morons!
Oh, and as far as the Second Amendment is concerned, it states “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” This means that you can keep guns, or even a cannon I suppose, if your goal is to be part of a militia involved in maintaining security. This does not mean that you can go around toting firearms for “hunting.” You want to hunt? Get a bow and arrow, or a spear, and do it right!
See you in the funny papers!
P.S. Damn, it is hot here in the Ohio Valley. I mean, honestly, summer is upon us! Whew! If I don’t melt, I’ll post again sometime soon!