It’s been forever since I did a Random Thoughts, but I was inspired by my friend N. who does these ramblings occasionally on Facebook…and mine may be slightly more random than hers.
- If my Red Sox don’t start playing better, I’m gonna have to take up golf or something.
- I made dinner tonight, Whole Wheat Pasta with Sesame Peanut Sauce. It was good, and I threw some edamame in there for flair, but the cayenne in the sauce is really burning me at the moment.
- I drink more coffee than I ever thought I would.
- I continue to realize how much being a grownup really sucks.
- I also continue to be amazed at how well my parents provided for my sister and I, and have no idea what they must have given up in their own lives to be able to do so.
- I would really like for mowing the grass to be a more zen experience than it is.
- I need to get back to some form of exercise, if someone would just point out the extra hours in the day when that’s possible.
- Have I mentioned lately how much I love my job? It just sounds so weird for me to say that out loud.
- Oh, and my cough is back. If it continues, I think I’ll have to bite the bullet and go back to the doctor. It’s not that I don’t like the doctor, I just think my time could be better spent doing other things.
- IvyCat is sleeping through the night (for all intents and purposes) these days which has made existence a little more bearable.
- I love that my wife is actively interested enough in baseball to ask pertinent questions. Or, at least she fakes it good.
- At various times, I crave root beer and/or grape soda. This is not a bad thing.
- I need a vacation. My current desires are the Pacific Northwest, the Okavango Delta, and the Swiss Alps. I’m a geography nerd.
- Sarah Vowell…if you’re reading this, I need you to write a new book.
- Speaking of books, I really need to get back to reading more. I have a stack of books that are waiting for me.
- Getting a haircut tomorrow, thank goodness. Starting to look a little like Wolverine.
- Taking the GRE next week. Wish me luck. I’m gonna need it.
That’s all for now. I need to go to bed. I’ll hopefully write again soon. Good news, the Red Sox won tonight…a 2-game win streak. WOOHOO!
See you in the funny papers!