The cold is coming. The weekend is upon us. Thanksgiving lurks behind the turning of the leaves. And Christmas…Christmas is bearing down on you like a train in a Denzel Washington film. Stress?! What stress?
The truth is, I feel better about the state of things today than I did earlier in the week. I’m not sure if I’ve managed to just push past it, or if I’ve simply ignored it until I’m no longer thinking about it. Nothing has really changed, but I believe I’ve made peace with the mountain of things I need to do. Check with me in about a week to see if that’s still the case.
This is one of those days where I’m not feeling much into blogging, so I’m pretty much phoning it in. This is what a phoned-in blog post looks like. So, to keep in line with that course, here’s some:
- Ginkgo trees have the best colored foliage in the fall. Plus, their leaves are really cool.
- I think the shirt I’m wearing today is too small, which is sad because it’s new and I rather like it.
- I have a burning desire to go camping, yea though I have no equipment to do so.
- Are you so excited for the new Harry Potter film? And doesn’t Emma Watson look fabulous with her new pixie cut?
- The sports page has been of little interest lately without baseball. I’m not a huge football fan, and basketball season doesn’t really ratchet up until late January.
- Speaking of sports, I’ve become even more interested in soccer lately, and what with NESV buying Liverpool FC, I’m a very big fan of the Reds across the pond.
- Finally…and so this will spark even more interest in this blog Aside: not that a little celebrity name-dropping from time to time doesn’t answer me these questions three:
- What was your favorite Christmas gift?
- What would you like to receive most this year?
- Have you ever re-gifted?
See you in the funny papers!