Occasionally, I don’t have enough coherence in my brain, or enough time in my day, to put together a full post about one thing…so you get RANDOM THOUGHTS!
- The Island of Sodor, where Thomas & Friends live, must have the worst railroad safety record in the world. Also, isn’t it a little creepy that the people talk to the engines?
- Two classes this semester and, so far (one class each), I think it’s going to be a pretty good semester. I’m looking forward to it.
- Snow blankets the city currently, but the worst part is the icy wind. It is really cold out there.
- I’m a little obsessed at the moment with first edition books. It’s a hobby with a hefty price tag, but I just love them so much. I don’t really own any yet, I just like to look.
- I’ve been drinking quite a bit of chai tea latte lately. Aside: Latte lately? It certainly warms the innards.
- New couch and new dining room furniture at the homestead. They look AWESOME!
- I got new business cards the other day. I’ve never had a business card before. Does this make me an adult? They also look awesome!
- My attempts to restart exercising this year have failed miserably, but I am making strides in eating healthier and less per serving.
- Last night, completely by accident, I saw a couple on television lose a cool million dollars because they didn’t know that Indy 500 winners drink milk on victory lane. Why would you be so stupid as to bet money on something you weren’t sure of…ignoramuses!
- My television watching has pretty much dwindled to: The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Extreme Home Makeover (because my wife likes to watch me cry), Brothers and Sisters, The Middle, Modern Family, Parenthood, Glee, and Grey’s Anatomy. This seems like a lot, until you realize that most of it is DVR’d and grand total it’s eight hours of television in an entire week. Also, Brothers and Sisters and Glee are on the short list to be eliminated as well.
- Sweet LORD, is it baseball season, yet? I can’t wait for the Red Sox to explode through this season. They’re gonna be BRILL-wait for it-IANT!
- It is so nice to have a non-dramatic, non-soul sucking, non-ridiculous job that I’ve almost forgotten we haven’t gotten a real raise in years. Almost. But seriously, y’all, it’s an incredible job. And, I’m sorry for those of you who don’t have it because it is seriously sweet.
Okay…that ought to do it for a while. I realize that this is a heap ton of stuff about nothing when there are real problems in the world…but for the moment, I’ve got to just let that go. And, I should really learn the proper use of ellipses since I’m so in love with them. Of course, that probably means I wouldn’t be able to use them as often. So, ignorance reigns.
See you in the funny papers!