Okay…this little gem has been circulating like wildfire on Facebook and I’ve been tagged at least 3 or 4 times. So, since I’m at home due to the snow and ice and we’re hosting storm refugees in our electrified and heated abode, I thought I’d take a minute or two to hammer this out.
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
So, sit back, enjoy and laugh when you have to:
- I started running 4 years ago to keep my blood pressure down. I’ve finished 3 half marathons, multiple other races, and my goal is to complete a full marathon by the time I’m 40.
- I believe that I would qualify as an expert witness in the categories of baseball and Star Wars. Everything else I would just make up.
- I’ve been to twelve of the 30 major league ballparks, having either toured or watched a game at each.
- I chew my fingernails constantly, even when I’m on vacation.
- I have sent text messages and surfed the web on my phone during boring parts of church.
- I will eat anything, but the following items have made the list of things I don’t like at all: liver, pickled beets, lima beans, ketchup, and quail eggs.
- I’m a Wii Pro in bowling, tennis, and golf.
- I love crossword puzzles and my wife and I can spend an evening doing the NYTimes crossword over dinner.
- Only once have I ever had a Scrabble bingo. The word was cowpies.
- I can remember all of the words that have ever knocked me out of a spelling bee…but there are times when I can’t remember a friend’s phone number.
- I will choose a rocking chair over any other type of chair.
- I would love to visit all seven continents. Currently, I have three (NA, EUR, AFR) under my belt.
- John Steinbeck is my favorite writer and I would take his books to my desert island to the exclusion of all other books.
- I absolutely cannot stand cold, but I love the heat. The hotter, the better.
- My wife and I are completely compatible and I can’t imagine being without her. She is positively the most wonderful woman in the world.
- I’ve shaken hands with Citizen Cope, Rufus Wainwright, and Keb’ Mo’ and I once shared an elevator with Nellie McKay.
- I think that a t-shirt and jeans should be standard dress for pretty much every occupation, but every once in a while I think we should bring back boaters and spats.
- My first kiss was in front of cabin 5 at summer camp…later that night, all the guys in my cabin got loaded on Jolt and pizza.
- I know how to keep official score at a baseball game, but I still don’t quite understand earned run average.
- I can sing very well, and, much like Ferris Bueller, I’ve never had a lesson.
- I grew up Catholic, switched to United Church of Christ in the 9th grade, and I’m now Episcopalian.
- If I won the lottery, I’d give most of it away.
- We have three cats: Oliver, Red, and Peach.
- I can be heard as part of the background chorus on William Shatner’s Common People, but my name is not listed in the liner notes because I didn’t feel like going out to the lobby to sign my name.
- I’ve only worked for two companies my entire working career and I’ve owned my own home for the last 10 years.
This is a lot more difficult than it looks…and some of these are downright boring. As well, based on my stats, it seems as though I get more views when I don’t write. I suppose that my blog is a bit like homemade chili…always better on the second or third day after the flavors have had a chance to mingle.
See you in the funny papers!